Golf Course Superintendent
>Trades & Services > Gardening & Landscaping
Excellent opportunity for an experienced and visionary Golf Superintendent or passionate 2IC looking for progression.
Attractive remuneration package, including vehicle, phone, laptop and training will be offered to the right applicant.
Toronto Country Club (TCC) hosts an 18 hole golf course situated just south of the township of Toronto close to Lake Macquarie. TCC has 575 golf members and social members.
You will be required to take ownership of managing the golf course and exhibit well developed leadership and technical skills to support your team to deliver constant improvements which in return, we offer above award wages with additional bonuses based on achieving management targets and course improvements. Other additional benefits include a fully serviced vehicle, mobile phone and laptop. Study leave is provided to aid professional development.
The role is challenging but exciting!
The applicant applying for this position should have experience in all aspects of turf management, and maintenance with a strong leadership back ground. Responsibilities will include, however will not be limited to, developing and coordinating maintenance programs, strategic project planning and management, implement continuous improvement programs, quality control, ability to manage capital and recurrent budgets, develop and maintain policy and procedures, WHS and environmental compliance, staff resourcing, staff performance management, training and development.
You will possess....
A genuine passion for green keeping and not just by maintaining but delivering real improvements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar role with a minimum of 5 years' experience and relevant qualification in turf management, horticulture or equivalent
- Prior management experience to lead, manage and motivate your team, construct rosters and manage budgets.
- Experience in WHS, environmental regulations, and injury management
- Experience in irrigation installation and maintenance
- Qualified in pest and disease management
- Ability to problem solve
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Chainsaw certificate (favourable)
- Experience in all aspects of course construction
- Enthusiasm and energetic…if you have it then so will your team!
- Responsiveness…If it needs fixing then do it today!
Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training and discipline etc.
Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, schedules, water usage, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
We truly believe we can be one of the best courses in our area. If you possess the necessary skills and personal behaviours to assist in achieving this outcome, then this position could be for you! Applications close 30 September 2019.